‘ TobySimkin ‘
or scan my QR:
‘ BroadwayProducer ‘
or scan my QR:
EVERY person you will meet in China will use this. It is ESSENTIAL you do also.
WeChat (known in Chinese as Weixin (微信) — “micro letter”) with over 1 billion active monthly users, and 80 million people internationally using it, is the worlds #1 communications app. “Official” Features:
- FREE: No annual subscription fee. Absolutely free for life.
- MESSAGING: Send text, video, image and voice messages instantly.
- FREE VOICE & VIDEO CALLS: High-quality free calls to anywhere in the world.
- GROUP CHAT: Create group chats with up to 500 people.
- TRANSLATION: Localized in 20 languages and can translate messages to any language instantly.
- MOMENTS: Share your best moments on your personal photo stream (just like Facebook but with privacy control).
- BETTER PRIVACY: WeChat gives you the highest level of control over your privacy. The only messaging app certified by TRUSTe.
- REALTIME LOCATION: Instead of having to tell others where you are, just use real-time location sharing.
- AND MORE: Desktop app, walkie-talkie, HealthKit data, order a taxi, order food delivery, buy movie tickets, play games, check in for a flight, send money to friends,get bank statements, pay the electricity, gas & water bills, geo-targeted coupons, recognize music etc.. etc..
Simply, it’s the “Text Messaging / Facebook / Twitter / WhatsApp / Instagram / Facetime / Skype” apps rolled into one app.
Download this app now – goto your smartphones app store (iOS, Windows, OSX, Blackberry, Android) and search ‘WeChat’ .
Also available for your computer: https://web.WeChat.com (great for file & photo transfer) and for Apple Watch.
WeChat is owned by Tencent, one of the largest internet companies in the world and is seeing consistently explosive growth…
Here is a great short video from the New York Times giving an overview of why WeChat is an international gamechanger….
More to Explore….
Trip Planning | Visas | Weather | Pollution | Health | Packing | Gifts | Dangers | Electrical | Airport Arrivals | Airport Departures | Airlines | Trains | Taxis | Police Registration | Etiquette | Hotels | Eating | Drinking | Money | HongBao | Shopping | Tailor | FaPiao Receipts | Toilets | Internet & VPN | Mobile Phones | WeChat | Emergencies | Fakes & Forgeries | Superstitions | Architecture | Holidays & Festivals | Dynasties | Chinese Zodiac | Counting on 1 Hand | Dice Games | Fun Facts
Places | Beijing | The Great Wall | Tiananmen Square | Forbidden City | Temple of Heaven | Hutongs | HouHai Lake | Summer Palace | ChengDe | ChengDu | Fuzhou | Hangzhou | Harbin | Nanjing | Nanning | Qingdao | Guangzhou | Guilin & Yangshuo | Li River | Sanya | Shanghai | Shenzhen | Suzhou | Tianjin | Wuhan | Xiamen | Xi’an | TerraCotta Warriors | Zhouzhuang